Read tile following passage and answer tile questions which follow it.
Once three old men set out on a journey together. One of them was bald, the second was philosopher and the third one was barber. At night they decided that each one of them should sit for watch turn by turn. The barber was to keep watch first, the philosopher after that and bald man last of all. So the philosopher and the baldman went to sleep and the barber was on watch. For sometime he kept awake but in the end, he felt tired of it and he thought of some diversion as otherwise it was difficult for him to pass time. Then he took out the razor from his box and shaved the head of the philosopher. At the fixed time he woke up the philosopher and himself went to sleep. When the philosopher got up and felt his head all over, he was startled and said in surprise, It is my turn but this wretched fellow has awakened bald man”
- The philosopher get up because
(a) He realised that his head was being shaved off. (b) It was his turn to keep watch
(c) He was feeling no well. (d) He wanted some amusement.
- The barber shaved off the head of the philosopher because
(a) He was jealous of him (b) He wanted to disturb thephilosopher
(c) He wanted some amusement (d) He was crack
- Who went to sleep first of all ?
. (a) The barber and philosopher (b) The barber and bald man
(c) The philosopher and bald (d) All ofthree
- . Which of.the following is the correct sequence decided by them:
(a) Barber, baldman and philosopher (b) Philosopher, barber and baldman.
(c) Barber, philosopher and baldman (d)baldman, barber and philosopher.
- Which of the following statements is not true.
,(a) All the three me’li decided to keep watch one by one.
(b) The barber woke the baldman.
(c) The head of the philosopher was shaved off.
(d) The philosopher was startled on feeling his head all over.
Choose the correct form of verb to make each sentence meaningful:
- Mohan ancljSohan the office yesterday.
(a) donot-attend (b) does not attend (c) did not attend (d) have not attend
- He generally the good things done to him.
(a) does not forget (b) has not forgotten
(c) had not forgotten (d) not forget
- The sun has not yet .
(a) rise (b) rises (c) risen (d) rose
Choose suitable preposition for each blank:
- She persisted disregarding my advice •.
(a) in (b) on (c) at (d) of
- We may disagree him but should not exclude him from our meeting.
(a) to (b) with (c) of (d) from
- I congratulated himon his recovery illness.
(a) of (b) for (c) from ‘y (d) by
Choose the wrongly spe/t word :
- (a)’ Programme (b) Referred (c) Dependent (d)’ Separete.
Choose the correct word to fill in the blanks to make th”l! sentence most meaninful
- He is nota man of…………………….. ‘.,
(a) principle (b) principal
- Your cycle has no .
(a) break (b) brake .
Choose the wrong portion in each of the following sentences :
- Delhi is smaller from Mumbai,
a b·c .,
- When you will grow up you will be allowed to stay out late.
a . b c ,.’ ..
- Either Yajvender and Rakshit has to go for the meeting in Delhi next week.
a . b c
- Ravi is one of the few person who sti II come to meet me jegularly
a b c r
Choose the correct meaning of the idioms:
- To move heaven and earth.
(a) To fly in the sky (b) To run on the earth
(c) To die (d) To make every possible effort
- A disease of the mind causing an uncontrollable desire to steal.
(a) schizophrenia (b) claustrophobia
(c) kleptomania . (d) megalomania ” ….
Choose the opposite of: .
(a) ceased (b) , checked (c) restrained (d) alleviated
(a) . humble (b) kind (c) cruel . (d) civilized
(a) dress . (b) alike (c) variable (d), no changing
Choose the word similar in meaning:
(a) near (b) further (c) distant (d) close
(a) happening (b) accident ( c) incident :(d) disaster
Answer: 1.b, 2.c, 3.c, 4.c, 5.b, 6.c, 7.a, 8.c, 9.a, 10.b, 11.c, 12.d, 13.a, 14b, 15.b, 16.a, 17.a, 18.b, 19.d, 20.c, 21.d, 22.d, 23.c, 24.c, 25.d